Parents of children who are already of secondary school age and wish to transfer to Wellington School must apply directly to the school, using the In-Year Transfer Application Form below.
Please note this application form is for in year transfer admission for Years 7 – 11 only. For applications to the Sixth Form, please contact Head of Sixth Form, Mr A Cropper.
Please read and familiarise yourself with the following In-Year Transfer Information before making your application:
- Make sure you provide all information requested on the form and that this information is factually correct. Please note that any offer made will be withdrawn if it is found that parents or carers have given false information.
- Applications for an In-Year Transfer will normally be processed within 10 school days of receipt.
- The school will consider applications in strict accordance with the relevant published admissions policy.
- Wellington School is currently full in all year groups and over-subscribed (i.e. there is a waiting list of applicants for each year group). Waiting lists are ranked in accordance with our published over subscription criteria (details of which can be found in the relevant admissions policy).
- Where no place is available, you will be notified of this in writing and your child’s name will be added to the waiting list for the relevant year group (that is, the one which corresponds to their date of birth, at the time of your application).
- Where a vacancy is available, and your child’s name is first on the waiting list for the relevant year group, you will be contacted by letter (to your home address) offering your child the place.
Once you have read the above In-Year Transfer information, and are satisfied with our Admissions Policy, please download our In-Year Transfer Application Form.
Once this is completed, please return it either by post or as an e-mail attachment to:
Admissions, Wellington School, Wellington Road, Timperley, Altrincham, WA15 7RH